Thursday, May 25, 2017

Hey

I know a person who feels like a fish trapped in a bowl... I understand the analogy, even though it's not one that suits me. I personally feel like a bird trapped in a cage. I'm not sure how to explain the difference. I think it's one of those things you have to feel to really understand.
There was a time when I had a ton of things to write about. When life was interesting and everyday was something new. Now it's just the same thing over and over again. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut.
I've been thinking of starting a new blog for my stories... Or maybe I'll put them on one of the many websites I'm on.
For as long as I can remember, ever since I learned how to write, I've been writing. About pretty much everything under the sun. Most of my writings are stories that came from my imagination. I'm nervous about letting people read them because no one has ever read them. I remember when I was a kid I tried to get my Dad to read it, but for whatever reason he didn't want to. He told me to let my friends read it. Of course I don't have any friends, so you know how that goes.
There's also the matter of my social phobia and fear of rejection.
Dad calls it constructive criticism. Which I guess it is because it helps you become better, but everyone I know who's ever given me constructive criticism... well let's just say they weren't very nice about it.  I don't know why, but I'm sensitive... and it seems to get worse as I get older.
I was hoping it would get better, but... meh, I guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment